Sunday, September 24, 2017

Four books were waiting for me at the library yesterday, even though I'd only gotten a notification about one.  (Notification for the other three did show up later in the afternoon.)  However, Target doesn't seem to carry potting soil any more, and (naturally) that was the most crucial item on my list;  I have a number of plants that desperately need repotting, and had hoped to get that accomplished today.


Did finish reading Beartown when I got home (and definitely enjoyed it)
and luckily had ample choices of what to dive into next. 



Friday night I had assumed the next segment of the Viet Nam documentary would air - I've been watching every night since it began on Sunday - but it didn't seem to be on.  It didn't continue last night, either, but seems to be back for tonight.  Unfortunately somehow I accidentally erased Wednesday night's segment (which I watched at the time, but of course will be missing when Tom watches the series.)



It's another lovely day, so it made sense to work outside this morning.  (And I much prefer that to housework!) One of the things I tackled was scraping all the grass that was growing in the accumulated dirt at the end of the driveway.  It took longer than I expected, but now it does look a whole lot better. 

George Carlin had a different take:

Inside I took care of a lot of little chores, like spackling holes in the hallway wall after I removed the thumbtacks/nails that had been used to hang the kids' artwork.  Slowly but surely I'm getting closer to being able to hang some quilts!  Of course the wall could definitely use a coat of paint now... but then that's pretty much the case everywhere in the house. 



The frig was overdue for a cleanout, so I tackled that today.  Pokey was the appreciative recipient of some fruits and veggies that have seen better days.



Now I'm off to the gym for Boot Camp, with a goal of making it through the first half hour.


No comments:

Post a Comment