Friday, September 29, 2017

I puttered in the yard for a bit this morning, topping off the pool and watering plants on the porch before putting some serious elbow grease into cleaning up the flagstone walkway. While I did get a lot of dirt shoveled and cleared away, there's still more left <sigh> for 'next time'.



Found the pictures Lisa requested; a childhood friend of hers won an Emmy, and she wanted some pix from the old days.  I sent her a bunch from her 9th birthday party (where the girls swam in the pool, baked cookies, played games with balloons, etc.) that sure made me smile.  Hope the two of them also enjoy the blast from the past.  (Since nobody ever "fixed" the scanner for me I had to actually snap pix of the photos in the album and then e-mail those.)


This morning's workout at the gym went well, and I'm thinking that I'm almost back to where I was before vacation.  To help things along I've also started doing a (very) few exercises here at home, and my plan is to keep adding to them.  


When I leave the women's locker room, I pass by the bottom of the stairs to the second level.  There was a man there on his knees, so I stopped and asked him if he was okay.  Turns out he had just picked that spot (!) to do some push-ups, and was resting between sets - but the mom in me was afraid he had tumbled down the stairs!


Yesterday I had popped into the tile warehouse over by the cabinet place with the granite sample James had gotten for me, but was soon overwhelmed and didn't stay long.  On my way out, some other folks tile shopping mentioned that I should try the tile place a few blocks away, so I did that today after the gym.  Glad I did - got some excellent help from David.



This afternoon I raked the little front yard - or at least a good part of it, until I filled up one can.   Irrigation should be arriving in an hour or so, and I could drag the other can over and do some more raking to fill it.  But I'm hot (and sweaty) and tired - so I decided not to bother.  Wouldn't want there to be nothing left for Tom to do when he gets home, right? <g>



After I finish sweating so I can take a shower,
I'll start prepping dinner since I need to finish up early.


No comments:

Post a Comment