Thursday, September 7, 2017

Tom and I spent a lot of time at the cabinet place yesterday afternoon, making hard decisions.  But I think we've settled on crisp-looking cabinets and granite countertops.  We won't have the actual estimate from James until Saturday, but from his guesstimate yesterday it should be less than we were dreading, and will include tear-out and hauling away of old cabinets, and installation of the new. 


There's about an 8-week wait for the cabinets, and of course it'll take 2-3 weeks of actually being without a kitchen while all the work is being done, so if we order now we might be up and running with a new kitchen by Thanksgiving.  Today Tom is going back to Spencer's to finalize appliances, and then all that will be left is do decide on will be the new flooring.


Tom is counting on being able to match the current tile from our dining area, though since it was installed about 15 years ago (!) I'm thinking we may not be able to find that any more!



At dinner last night at Valle Luna, Alex shared his good news. 


Management has been hearing excellent things about him from all directions, so now he is up for a job promotion.  He's definitely worked hard, and certainly deserves it!  Of course we are extremely proud of him, but as I told him last night, he should be proud of himself!



I'm still sore in my chest and shoulders this morning, but by tomorrow that should have faded - just in time for Friday's lower body workout!



After my Acura appointment I'm looking forward to lunch with Mary today, catching up on things... but especially making plans for next weekend's fun at Pickin' in the Pines!




Patti has invited me to lunch and a movie tomorrow to celebrate my birthday, and I'm looking forward to seeing her and catching up on things since I left in July.  Hope the school year is off to a good start, maybe Gary has finally had some luck with his job search - and I would also love to see major improvement with regard to her ankle rehab!


No comments:

Post a Comment