Monday, September 11, 2017

Yesterday morning I had to turn off Creepy because the pool filter canister was spewing water everywhere; it looked like a spaceship ready to explode.  So Tom took it apart, and (with my help) put it back together yesterday, which fixed that problem. However, while I was gone this summer there were major issues with the housing for the salt water mechanism, and (for whatever reasons) it took way too long for the problem to be addressed and finally fixed. Of course the filter couldn't be run during that time, and with our intense heat it didn't take long for algae to start turning the water green.  Happily, Tom says it never got this bad...


But last week the new housing sprang a leak, creating a pond around all the pool equipment. (I'm probably not the only one who thinks that equipment hooked to electricity should not be sitting in water...) On Friday Tom left a message, and first thing this morning PoolMan came and replaced the (brand-new yet leaking) housing. At least we got speedy resolution this time.


All that was happening this morning while I drove Willie to school (he's in 1st grade now) near 59th & Bell.  I will pick him up this afternoon, and also do drop off again tomorrow morning, though Estera should be back in town to pick him up tomorrow.  It's been a long time since I've transported little ones around.



Marcie called this morning for Irene's info; she's got a top ready for quilting.  I suggested she come with me to Foothills on Wednesday morning and kill two birds with one stone.  Not only will that save her schlepping to Irene's house, but as a bonus she'll get to enjoy Barb Jansen's demo on landscape quilts.   I know Marcie is looking to join a daytime quilt group in our area, and this will give her the opportunity to meet the Foothills ladies.



I'm still busy whittling on my To Do List, and have gotten a whole bunch of things done around the house today... though somehow (!) it seems that for everything I cross off I add at least two or three more things.



I called Mom this morning. Today would have been Mom & Dad's 68th wedding anniversary, and since he's no longer around to wish her a happy day I wanted to do it.  We ended up chatting about this and that (though neither of us really had any "news"), and I can remember Dad bemoaning the fact that even though we were talking long distance, we were acting like we were right next door.



Of course this day has significance for all Americans.

No comments:

Post a Comment