Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Yesterday Jim had me working on the free weights in the back room.  It seemed pretty easy, but as he predicted, I was sore today. But Noelle made me feel a lot better at PT this morning.  She does a great job!

Yesterday I finished my very first try at embroidery, block #1 for the SALEM quilt (10 color changes).  Of course it took way longer than it should have, but like everything else there's definitely a learning curve!  Eventually each block will also have a frame around it to match the resident's name (stitched in his/her favorite color.)

And tonight I finished block #2 (22 color changes.)  
Even Tom is impressed with them!

(The names are actually the same font size, although you'd never know it by looking at these two pix.)

Carolyn has been a wonderful help; I could NOT have done this without her!  And between her trips over here, and my trips over there, it's definitely a very good thing we live so close.

In the MISCELLANEOUS dept.: We set a new record for today, reaching 82 degrees.  (The old record for this date was 81.)  

And in OTHER NEWS - we did not win the MegaMillion Lottery drawing tonight.  Not only were the odds of winning not in our favor <g> but you have to actually buy a ticket to win...

No comments:

Post a Comment