Sunday, December 29, 2013

I experienced some 'operator error' while embroidering Janet's cow block (#5) today... although I rotated her name, when I loaded the cow I - OOPS! - forgot to rotate it.  At least I was only on the second color when I realized my mistake.  But if I thought frog-stitching regular seams was bad.... yikes!  It took me a very, very, very LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time to rip out those stitches.  

Normally I would have just started over on another piece of fabric, but I only have 6 pieces of the background fabric and there are 6 blocks.  So NO WASTING ALLOWED!  

Then, of course, when I needed the second brown color (for shading) I realized I hadn't gotten that one yet from Carolyn.  Luckily she was home!

Next I stopped in at The Other Quilt Shop to 'meet the teachers' (and show Deanna the penguin bag I made since the watermelon bag went so smoothly.)  She's going to be teaching a class the end March that looks promsing, especially if she can morph the owls into penguins.  Sheri had all of her fabric on sale, so instead of schlepping down to 35th Ave I picked up 6 additional fabrics I need for Jeff & Priscilla's quilt.  (Yes, I'm still 'working on' that one, although it's temporarily set aside until I get the Casa Puente quilt done since it's got a dealine of January 19!)

The open house at Jan's house was a lot of fun.  Linda was there, and said Elmo seemed to be having a reaction to his meds so she's had to take him off of them.  Glad he was fine while he was here!  Macy and Sienna (Jan's grandchildren - 3 & 5?) were very excited to see me, although I was a little surprised that they recognized me out of context. They were disappointed I hadn't brought Pokey to the party with me but I explained that she isn't housebroken (that's an understatement) and their Grandma probably would not appreciate Pokey pooping on the floor.  

Barb and Bernie were there; he couldn't stop talking about my beef stew, making sure I'll bring it to Wickenburg next November.  When I suggested that maybe they can all come over to dinner one night and I'll make the stew he was thrilled.

Met several of Jan's other friends (like her masseuse Pat) and gave a mini-demo on my thermorest cushion to several very interested 'customers'.

Chas came by and picked up Lisa's ice cream (Kelsy had shipped her a dozen assorted pints as her gift) and I'm proud to say that all 12 cartons had remained unopened.  Of course what Chas does with them once he gets them to Tucson today could be another story!  He was familiar with the brand, and said it really is special ice cream.  Maybe I should have appropriated a pint!  

Alex came by this afternoon on his break, and not only am I driving him to the airport on Tuesday, I'm also picking up one of his friends at her house 'on the way'.  Happily I don't have to get up at 4:00 for that trip!
  
The last weekend of the year is winding down. 
I'm just finally getting over being sore from last Monday's gym session.  
Hope tomorrow's isn't quite as taxing!


No comments:

Post a Comment