Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The Foothills party was fun - although I still have NO voice and thus couldn't talk with anyone, only listen to the various stories.  We gave Sharon the log cabin cardinal blocks we'd all made for her, and I really look forward to seeing what she does with them.  (I had given everyone the center cardinal, and then they chose their greens and whites.)  Here's the 8" block I made.

We also played a 'musical chairs' game with the ugly fabrics Judy had instructed us to bring.  But some of the ladies brought fabric I liked... As Dad used to say, "That's what makes horse races."  

We all ended up with half a dozen different fabrics, 
and have been tasked with making an Ugly Quilt by the March meeting.

I'm going to be dog-sitting Elmo the end of this month.  He's Linda's blind ShiTzu (sp?), and a real sweetie.

After the news was over tonight I was heading for bed when it dawned on me that we have irrigation 'tonight', so Tom went out to set the gates out back.  Even though his back is still bothering him, he's going to get up and do the 'honors' on 35th Ave. at 3:37 a.m., and also let the water go out back at 5:56 a.m.  I offered to take one of the 'shifts', but because I'm sick he decided he should do both.  I sure hope another person (or two!) ahead of us sign up for water so we get a more reasonable time!

I see the oncologist in the morning for a follow-up, Carolyn's coming over to see if we can figure out the software I had to download to open to embroidery patterns I ordered for the Salem quilt, and I have PT mid-afternoon.

While I'm doing all that, Tom's going to spend the day smoking a brisket.  (Jeannie & Rich, and Kaye & Teresa are coming to dinner; Alex turned down our invitation!)

No comments:

Post a Comment