Saturday, December 14, 2013

I haven't posted in a couple of days because I have been 'busy' recuperating - 
and there hasn't been much to write.  

Thursday I spent the afternoon dozing on the couch in front of the TV while Tom was busy in the kitchen; that evening we had the brisket party with Jeannie & Rich (who heartily agreed that Tom's smoked brisket lived up to its hype!) and Kaye & Teresa (who've had it before, and already knew it lives up to the hype!)  After dinner I rested (!) on the couch while everyone else cleaned up.

Friday I spent the day on the couch
doing an Orange is The New Black marathon. 

Park Meadows did call me to emergency sub at the last minute, but I turned them down.  At least my voice was (more or less) back by yesterday.

I have been having some weird dreams.  
For example, the other night it started out 'sensibly' <g> enough... I was visiting Oprah at her beautiful (and very large) house.  But as I was walking to the faaaaar end of the house, I came to a door that opened up to a mall in a large city.  When I turned to go back in the house, that door had disappeared.  I've certainly had many strange dreams before... but for the first time, I thought "I must be dreaming - somebody pinch me and wake me up."  No matter how bizarre my dreams have been, it's never occurred to me before that I was dreaming.  Maybe I'm getting smarter in my old age?

Today Tom and I are going to see The Book Thief with Mary (and a friend of hers) and Patti.  I seem to be pretty much over my cold (or I wouldn't be going!) although every now and then I get a tickle in my throat and have a coughing fit.  I will take a stockpile of honey/eucalyptus lozenges with me just so that doesn't happen during the movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment