Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Subbing went well yesterday- the kids were their usual (chatty) selves,
 but at least they were not bouncing off the wall.  

I was 'lucky' enough to have two duties (lunch playground and after school bus) and Alex came by as I was bringing the kids in from recess after lunch.  (He needed to borrow my car to head over to Mint to pick up his check, although the meeting was cancelled.)  Of course the kids all wanted to know who he was ("one of Ms. Fox's former 5th graders.... and my son".)  Patti brought me home, and I got to see Lisa again briefly before she headed back to Tucson.

While the kids were at PE yesterday I had called TOCA to request the x-rays and report of my back since I thought it would be helpful at PT this morning.  They agreed to e-mail them to me.  But when I got home and checked, they'd sent the wrong ones, for my thumb!  At least they'd done it right away - the e-mail time stamp was shortly after I'd called.  Although it was after 4:00, I shot back an e-mail requesting the correct ones, although as of 7:30 this morning it hadn't yet arrived.  I have to leave in 45 minutes, so 

The supervisor for PoolMan came out to check the pool yesterday. Despite the acid wash, torching, and polishing (which admittedly did make a big difference), the consensus (his and Tom's) is that it's just not good enough - the plaster needs to be chipped out and redone.  

I may be singing off key sometimes.... but it does take my mind off of my aching back, and shoulder, and thumb.  At least (so far!) my feet are okay!

No comments:

Post a Comment