Friday, December 27, 2013

I had a delightful massage from Mike this morning - 
definitely think I'll be back to see him again!

On the way home I used my gift card from Alex to buy quilt embroidery patterns (really liked what Carolyn did with hers) and a box of variegated threads.  Of course once home I encountered major problems trying to load the software onto the computer, and then onto the USB stick to use in the machine.  In fact I got so stressed that I bellowed in frustration (maybe you heard me?) and hurt my throat... and now have no voice again.

I HATE TECHNOLOGY!!!!!!!!!!  Apparently I'm not the only one, but I am having difficulties keeping calm!

But I like turkey soup - and the batch I whipped up today in the crock pot sure tastes good!

Tom spent some time trying to figure out the software issue when he got home (from his day of riding the quad at Bloody Basin with Kaye, Rich, and some other guys.)  Eventually we got it to work - but it was NOT easy!


Alex came by this evening so Tom and Gary could check out the car his friend Zach is selling.  (Zach's folks just bought him a new truck.)  The car is a 1998 Nissan Altima with a lot of miles on it, but it looks great (interior, tires, etc.) so hopefully (!) the same care went into the engine's upkeep.  


Since the banks are closed I wrote the check, and Alex will bring me his cash tomorrow.

He's been without a vehicle about 6 months, but now he can (finally!) say

Nothing on tap for tomorrow, but Sunday morning I'm taking Lisa to the airport.  Her flight to Chicago (she'll be attending a friend's wedding) leaves at 6:00 a.m., so we'll be getting up quite early. Later that day I've got an Open House to attend at Jan's, and also hope to swing by Pennie's and see her magnificent decorations. 

And Ruth (another penguin collector) wants me to come by and see all of her holiday penguins.

Alex may also need a ride to the airport on Tuesday morning (he's working a RockStar event in Tahoe over New Year's) but I don't think his flight leaves until 9:30.  Tom and I don't have anything planned (yet) for New Year's, but the kids will be probably be doing enough celebrating for the four of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment