Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Last night the local scout troop came by to Carol us.  (That was only my second time; the first time, Anita had her church group do it for me in Kingman, figuring - rightly - that it was something I'd never experienced.) 

Most of the scouts go to Park Meadows, and they were thrilled that this was the house of The Word Wizard!  So of course I went and got my regalia and dressed for the occasion!

Last night I was up until after midnight (reading), so I was less than thrilled to wake up around 2:00 a.m. - but otherwise thrilled that I made it to the bathroom in time to throw up.  Obviously something I ate did not agree with me!   It was especially unpleasant since the stomach acid did quite a trip on my sore throat.

Busy Bees was fun this morning (still need to upload the pix to the computer so I can share with everyone) and then this afternoon the Foothills board had our meeting here.  We got a lot accomplished, including setting up the 2014 budget (pending approval by the rest of the ladies at the regular January meeting.)  

Elmo came along with his 'mom', and did very well in a new environment.  
He'll be over again tomorrow for a real playdate
and then Saturday will arrive for his week-long stay.

I'm losing my voice again, and still don't have much of an appetite.  All I had at the meeting this morning was some lemonade, and for lunch all that sounded good was some chicken noodle soup.  Tom had planned to cook dinner, but I really just feel like soup again.

No comments:

Post a Comment