Thursday, December 26, 2013

After PT this morning I made a trip down to 35th Ave. to pick up some embroidery bobbins for Carolyn (and also a package of them for me.)  It was fairly busy, which was not surprising since everything store-wide was 30-40% off.  I didn't buy any fabric (surprised?) but did pick up 5 spools of Aurofil thread since it was 'only' $8/spool.  Elmo went with me, and again was a very good passenger and a good "wait-in-the-car" dog.

Linda called this afternoon when Elmo and I were heading over to Carolyn's to deliver her bobbins (and a THANK YOU! 35th Ave. gift certificate.)  Sadly Linda's been sick their whole vacation, so they're cutting it short and coming home this evening.  As she said, when you don't feel well you just want to be at home in your own bed.  

Elmo has been having a good time here at Dodge Doggy Camp, although he'll no doubt be glad to see his Mom and Dad again, and head home. 

Had my appliance adjusted at the dentist, and he expects my jaw pain to subside in a matter of days.  If it works (and it was really a simple fix) I'll really be kicking myself for not doing it sooner (the pain started shortly after my cleaning/check-up 6 months ago!) 

Carolyn gave me some ideas as to how to embroider several lines of text (like a poem) using the software on the computer....but unfortunately I can't try it because there are no alphabets on the software, only on the machine.  So now I have to pick an alphabet to buy.  Decisions, decisions!

Carolyn and I are going to do an embroidery project together after the holidays "when things slow down".  Except that I have quilt camp in January, and also  a trip to California (to coincide with the Road to California quilt show.)

Lunch today was sandwiches using some of yesterday's turkey - and who knows?  There may <g> be more leftover turkey for dinner.


And tomorrow I think I'll whip up another batch of turkey soup in the crock pot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment