Saturday, December 28, 2013

Alex came by with the cash this afternoon, and I headed to the bank to deposit it.  I've used the machine to deposit checks, but was a bit uneasy about sliding in all that cash.  Luckily it went just fine.  

Then I popped over to Ruth's to see all her penguin decorations.  She has four trees in her house, two of which have only penguin ornaments!  There were lots of wonderful penguins scattered throughout the house, so it was a fun visit.

There is the large 'penguin only' tree by the front window, and a smaller one in the bathroom.

These penguin 'bags' under the large tree are great for those 'hard to wrap' gifts!

These happy birds greeted me inside the front door.

Ruth had lots of penguin quilts scattered around, many of them appliqued like this one.

Lisa wrote me a car insurance check when she got here (from Tucson, not Scottsdale as I had thought) and I commented that I'd just been to the bank today, but obviously would have to make another trip.  

  She showed me how to deposit the check using my iPad, and it seemed to work okay... for a change!

We met Bailey at Pita Jungle for dinner, and despite it being Saturday night we didn't have to wait too long for a table.  The food, of course, was delicious (as usual!) and the four of us had a nice dinner while catching up on things.

Tomorrow will be an early day (!) so that's it for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment