Tuesday, April 26, 2022

 I used up last of the gallon of vinegar 'weeding' the driveway yesterday, so it seemed like a good time to make a Target run and work on that list.


When I pulled into the shopping center I was surprised to discover that Claim Jumper seems to have closed; the sign is off the building, and there is major renovation going on.  Chik-Fil-A was also down, with serious work going on.  I can only hope they are actually closing, though Tom thinks they're just remodeling.  

While I will miss the Claim Jumper, with their varied "something for everyone" menu, I certainly would NOT be sad to see Chik-fil-A go; cars waiting in line at their drive-thru always snake out into the main thoroughfare, royally impeding traffic through the shopping center.


I did pick up potting soil at Target, so I'm all set the next time I feel motivated to repot plants.  But unfortunately the vinegar shelf was bare, so additional 'weeding' will have to wait.  

Since the staff was busy restocking shelves I did ask one of them to check in the back for some - which she did.  But apparently Easter activities wiped out their supply.



In the afternoon the doc's office called with the results of my recent bloodwork.  Most was fine, though my potassium was a tad low, registering 3.5 (normal range starts at 3.6) so I guess I will make it a point to try to add more of certain foods to my diet. 



Which yesterday wasn't so good.  For 'breakfast' I had some of Mary's cookies, and each time I walked by the counter I scarfed down another.  That went on all day, and by dinner time I realized I hadn't eaten anything else!  



Tom was really puffed by dinner time when he noticed that all of the cookies had been eaten. 




My glucose number, worrisome at one point several years ago, was nice and low (though maybe not after yesterday...?)  However my cholesterol stats remain high, so I will be starting on a statin to deal with that.


I worked on the Jellyroll Sizzle quilt yesterday, and have started to join the blocks together.  But during dinner, when I was admiring my progress on the design wall, I noticed a mistake on one.  Which means that this morning I will have a date with Jack.

No comments:

Post a Comment