Wednesday, April 27, 2022

 Took my first atorvastatin last night at bedtime (as recommended) and did not sleep well last night.  But since that's not such a rare occurrence I can't blame it on the meds - yet.


I completed a bunch of yardwork this morning.  After I gathered up all the piles I cut yesterday, then raked and filled in some holes, I tackled the hedge between the yard and drive-thru.  Even early in the morning it was fairly warm in the direct sun, so I did take a break to cool off and hydrate (and catch up on Words With Friends)  

Before too long I headed back outside to continue with the hedge.  My progress was temporarily halted when I heard Pokey dragging something heavy and went to rescue it - though as it turned out that she was high-centered and looked like she needed rescuing!



Luckily she eventually scooched herself over, 
and without getting her back foot caught under the heavy cement lid.


On Sunday Mary had suggested setting a plant atop the lid, but I'd told her Pokey often bumped the lid and a plant likely wouldn't survive the frequent falls.  This, however, was the first time Pokey had  'removed' the lid entirely, and as a result gotten herself somewhat stuck.  At least it wasn't a major disaster-in-the-making, like in the following video!

A zookeeper had to rescue a giant tortoise on March 13, 2021 after it scaled the wall of an enclosure and became stuck. The huge African spurred tortoise climbed onto a low wall at Afamosa Animal Safari in Melaka, Malaysia but found itself unable to move with all four legs grasping at thin air. According to the keeper, the hefty reptile was attempting to get back to its former enclosure. The tortoise now roams free around the zoo. The African spurred tortoise, also known as the sulcata tortoise, is the third-largest species of tortoise in the world.

(great clip, though will have to sit through a 30-second ad first)

I'm done with hedge-trimming, at least until the sun is on the other side of the sky so I won't be looking into it when I tackle the inside of the hedge.  And while the organics can is now quite full, our second green can is virtually empty - so I can't use that as an excuse.



But now that we're approaching the heat of the day, it seems like a good idea to stay inside and sew.

No comments:

Post a Comment