Thursday, April 28, 2022

 A second night on the atorvastatin, and the good news is that I slept better!  Still woke early, but figured Brownie and I could take our walk in the relative coolness.  He had other ideas, and though clearly excited to see me getting things together (and excitedly barking his approval) he kept just out of reach and I couldn't put on his harness.  I finally gave up and tried again an hour later, and while it wasn't easy I did eventually 'catch' him.  We had a nice walk, and enjoyed a somewhat lengthy visit with Lucky along his fence line - but Brownie clearly has been exhibiting 'those' leash issues again.  Sigh... 


 

Back home I did more scraping/digging in the driveway 'cracks', and am making good progress on that project. And now that I have more vinegar I can forge ahead with the rest of the driveway.  


While I was working out front the pool truck pulled up.  I'd been expecting him yesterday (and even got the usual e-mail saying that he was on his way) but he never showed.  Now we have a new person (Paula) who is taking over his route, and she said they are really behind.  I asked about the repair, so she called the office - only to be told that they still have no mechanic on staff.


Then she added "maybe we should look elsewhere for someone to do the repair."  Not sure if that was her take, or the office had suggested that. 


Still having issues with the TV, and <sigh> a new one cropped up yesterday.  Now, when I find a movie in progress on one of the 200-level channels and go to the Restart option, it tells me that channel isn't paid for through our subscription - though we (obviously) do still have it.

  And while the DVR does record some things (like the news), it still doesn't record Jeopardy and - horrors! - didn't record the Suns' game for Tom Tuesday evening so he could watch it a little later and fast forward through the commercials.  


Tom thinks we need a new box; he could be right.  This one hasn't worked correctly since the switch to 'new' channels a month ago.


I hate making these repair phone calls.  Which is why I was always jealous of Mom's ability to just make a simple call to General Services at Riderwood for things like that.



At least I did (almost) get the main part of the Jellyroll Sizzle together yesterday before I ran out of steam early after a poor night's sleep.  But I still cannot figure out why 7 of the 'remnant' pinwheels came out one way while the 8th isn't going to work.



Since I don't have anything on tap until this afternoon (a haircut, and then PT) I expect to get some sewing done in between my time on the phone trying to set up repairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment