Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Monday, to help Andy & Sandy pare down some of the 'leftover' boxes of family photographs from Mom's apartment, I spent some time sorting through a couple.  Mom had them nicely organized by year and labeled on the backs (at least in the boxes I pawed through) and I found many of the kids that I had sent over the years.  Though all of the best ones are already in our albums, the kids should enjoy looking through the stacks, possibly snagging some to keep.

Andy & Sandy and I spent our last evening together playing Rumikub.  Though Andy said I "was due", it was looking as if I just wasn't going to win a single game this visit.  But as the hour grew late and we decided to play 'just one more game', I finally managed to redeem myself.


I woke up to rain on Tuesday - but at least it wasn't snow.  Of course back there people know how to drive in the rain (unlike here) and with no traffic issues we arrived at the airport right on schedule.  There is no longer curbside check-in at BWI, but happily there was no line inside to check my bag.


  Can't say the same for Security (which had moved to a new location) and it didn't help that I stood in the wrong line, though of course didn't realize that until I'd made my way to the TSA guy at the front. 


That meant I had to start all over again at the end of a different line. 

Still, I arrived at the gate with a few minutes to spare before boarding.  With my A29 boarding number I had no difficulty snagging 'my' seat.


We dealt with bad weather all the way to Indianapolis, so much so that the flight attendants stayed seated and buckled in the entire two hours.  That meant no 'food' or beverage service (they apologized profusely) and I sure missed having water to drink.  


Once we did the passenger/crew change (one of the new crew did nothing but complain, so I guess she was having a crappy day?) and were airborne again it was the same for (at least) the first half of the second leg, though even bumpier.  Can't say it was a pleasant ride across the country, but at least both flights had left on time, we didn't run into any of the tornadoes (a very big plus!) and we landed safely each time. As a bonus my luggage made the same trip.


Unfortunately the Shuttle I was planning to take from the airport no longer exists, no doubt due to Uber and Lyft, which I don't have set up yet.  So I had to wait for irrigation to finish, when Tom could let the water go, before he could leave for the airport and play in rush hour traffic.  It wasn't too bad of a wait, about an hour, though my iPad had died near the end of the second flight so I had nothing to read while I waited.  Still, there's always people watching.


Brownie was thrilled to see me walk in the door around 6:00 (of course my body thought it was 9:00.) However it didn't take him too long to discover that I'd been cheating on him with Pippa.  (My shoes gave me away.)  


No surprise that it was a low key evening; I pretty much just unpacked the essentials and then did my best to stay awake until a somewhat reasonable hour.  Which I did, but still woke at 4:00 this morning. Naturally there's a long TO DO list awaiting me today, but I don't have to get everything checked off  today, right?  

 

As Dad loved to remind me, "Rome wasn't built in a day."  

Today's only "must" is making my noonish appointment at the chiropractor, and then swing by Mulqueen's on my way home from there to pick up my sewing machine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment