Thursday, April 21, 2022

 I'm SO glad that Wanda sent me this link - otherwise I would have missed it.  Surprised (and naturally thrilled!) to see my quilt included in her favorites!  Apparently they travel the country attending quilt shows, so obviously they see a lot of beautiful quilts.

MY quilt from the show


After the Busy Bees meeting yesterday morning Louise had a brief portrait "class" meeting.  In truth it's going to a DIY project, due at the June meeting when we'll bring in our finished works hidden in a bag.  The 'mystery' portraits will be displayed without names, letting the others guess whose is whose.


The window guy wrapped up the inside finishing yesterday (good thing Tom noticed that the previous guys had not sealed them!) and everything looks good.  Of course now I'll have to pay outstanding balance (half the total) so the next VISA bill won't look so good. 


In the afternoon I took 'advantage' of Tuesday's irrigation to do some weeding out front.  


 

Since Davon isn't available tomorrow for my usual gym session we had changed that to today at 8:30 - so naturally this was the one morning a year I slept in. Definitely a rushed morning!



I wasn't home long when Nancy called to say her delivery (a pretty red couch) had been early so I could head over to pick up my quilt at the AQG office.  Driving there, taking the 101 to 51, I was in the right lane when a car from an earlier accident "appeared" ahead of me, still jutting out into my lane.  (No emergency vehicles were on scene to see that it was moved, or to direct traffic around it.)  I had to stop and sit - and HOPE no one would rear end me - until someone finally let me merge into next lane.



My quilt received mostly good comments ("pleasing composition") from the two quilt judges, especially for Jessica's quilting and Melodie's labels, though my binding didn't quite meet with their approval.  And here I thought I was doing so much better in that department!



This morning Tom headed down to Tucson to spend the day with John. Unfortunately his drive ran into a snag when he got caught up in the aftermath of a fatal accident on I-10. 

Been sitting in backup near Picacho Peak for two hours with no end in sight.  Bad bad crash has totally closed eastbound I-10


Now to get started on some other things before I take a break and head to PT later this afternoon. At the top of the list are calling the pool people (pump was turned on after yesterday's weekly servicing but the motor is still leaking!) and COX (not recording though 'says' it is.)

No comments:

Post a Comment