Monday, April 18, 2022

I spent yesterday morning with the electric trimmer out front - and it looks much improved now that the four 'main' bushes have been pruned.  In case anyone wonders, Brownie was a good supervisor.  More trimming to do, of course, but the can is full for today's pick-up.


Because our temps are already toasty (and the front yard is south-facing) I needed to take breaks now and then to cool off and drink some water.  By the time I finished around noon I needed a shower - but before I did that it seemed like a good time to give Brownie his bath.  (He didn't think so, though.)  

He does continue to scratch less, but still has not stopped completely.

This is a pretty time of year, with everything blooming before the intense heat takes its toll.  I sure do enjoy our bottlebrush trees!  Here's the one in the front yard:



And there's also one  in the Back 40, at the north end of the oleanders on the right.  It is actually blooming, though that doesn't show well in the photo.  (The red one, at the left on the south side, is an oleander.)


Our orchid tree in the jungle is also in bloom. Sadly the flowers don't last very long and we have a short window in which to enjoy them.


All the ditch trees are leafed out, providing Alex with wonderful shade for his hammock, and the mulberry trees are finally leafing out nicely.




I have an early morning appt at the opthamologist, 
so I'd better get ready for that.





No comments:

Post a Comment