Monday, April 4, 2022

Once the boys left yesterday (and we could put on whatever movie what we wanted <g>) Andy and Sandy and I watched CODA.  I had wanted to see it as soon as it came out, and of course once it won Best Movie at the Oscars it easily floated to the top of my list.

  

No surprise that (like The Academy) we found it to be an excellent movie, and thoroughly enjoyed it. 



Yesterday I finally went on a walk with Pippa, despite the cold, and very windy, afternoon.  Sandy and I were bundled up (I had on four layers) and still felt cold - but fluffy Pippa revels in this weather.


We thought about watching Macbeth in the evening, but as tired as we all were we were reasonably sure we wouldn't make it to the end - so we played Rummikub instead while we watched (some of) the Grammy's.

As usual when I went to bed, I turned off the sound on my phone using the little slide on the left side. When I slid it back up this morning, the ringer showed that the volume was down to the lowest setting (which may be why I missed Rachelle's phone call yesterday.)  So I went to Settings, but that showed the ringer at full strength.  Confused (but undaunted) I figured I could solve the problem with the book Andy had picked up for me when he'd been at the bookstore picking up some additional books to gift Sandy.


However...

There was NOTHING in the index under ringer, or sound, or volume.  So once again, the people who have written the technology instructions have again hidden what I consider to be basic, useful information.

The author of the book, Tom Rudderham, did list his e-mail address at the bottom of the welcome page at the front of the book, after saying, "If there is anything you would like to know that isn't covered in this book, feel free to send me an e-mail at tom@leafpublishing.co.uk and I'll be more than happy to help."

I see a letter in my future...



I was just about to shower and get dressed before a 'girl's lunch out' (with Rachelle and Sandy) when Rachelle called.  Allen had called her this morning with a medical issue, and luckily she was able to get him an appointment to be seen this afternoon.  While hopefully it turns out not to be anything serious (and can be easily treated), at his age things can quickly take a turn for the worse.


  
There's the possibility that he's had it for awhile but waited to see if it would go away on its own. That was sometimes the case with Mom, despite my unheeded pleas to do otherwise.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment