Sunday, April 3, 2022

 On Saturday afternoon Sandy and I took the boys to an outdoor concert at a pottery venue.  The weather was perfect, with sunshine and and no wind - just a lovely afternoon to listen to music.  The featured group played jazz-type music from the first half of the 20th Century, and it was quite enjoyable.  (I was surprised that I recognized most of the songs.)



Sandy had no trouble selecting a lovely bowl 
as a housewarming gift for some friends.




After dinner, at Harry's request, we watched 1978's Every Which Way But Loose - which I hadn't seen in decades.  He rated it "the best movie ever" (though Andy thinks he was most likely joking.)  And if not, he's only 12, so (hopefully) he'll become a bit more discerning as he matures.  I was surprised at how 'young' <g> Ruth Gordon appeared in the film; I remembered her as being very old.  


Funny how my perspective has changed now that I've gotten older!


This morning I got invited to a quilt retreat the beginning of May when one of the group's regulars had to cancel.  Of course I'd love to attend, so I was relieved to find (when I checked with Tom) that there were no conflicts on my calendar.


Tom will be heading to Oregon "sometime in May" for his annual rock-collecting trip, though that date isn't set yet.  But since he usually doesn't leave until the end of the month (and still sometimes runs into snow up there) I got the go-ahead to accept the invitation.



With so much food in the frig we forgot all about the jicama I picked up at the store last week.  Andy and Sandy (and the boys) had never even heard of it, much less tasted it.  So we had some for "dessert" after breakfast. Unfortunately Andy couldn't really taste it due to his cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment