Tuesday, April 19, 2022

 I had (mostly) good news at my eye appointment yesterday: no macular degeneration, all the retina scans were good, and I came home with a sample of eye drops to help my dry/irritated eyes.  He said my worsening vision seems to be due to an increase in my cataracts, and though they haven't reached the 'magic number' where anything should be done yet he did say that we could consider removing them if my vision starts to really both me.  


Surprisingly my eyeglass Rx hasn't changed much; he explained away my confusion by saying it's like looking through a dirty window.


The 'bad' news came when I ordered new glasses.  While the total price wasn't really a surprise, it still hurts.  I keep waiting for a monthly VISA bill to arrive without any hefty additions to the 'regular' charges, but obviously that's not going to happen this month either.




Joe started on our To Do list yesterday.  The jungle gate now has a lovely new latch (a real one, that doesn't take me 10 minutes to open!), the hose spigot is no longer leaking, and the filling in of holes under the eaves has been started.  He'll be back next Monday to continue (finish up?) with that.


I've started putting out feelers for house painter recommendations.



Tony will be delivering Alex's washer/dryer and dishwasher today.  Though I stressed to Jeff when I bought them that I needed a Tuesday afternoon delivery window, and also replied the same to "Jenny" (who turned out to be a virtual assistant) when "she" texted and e-mailed me, I was still scheduled for 11-2 today.  Tony has another installation in Surprise after us so he couldn't slide me to the end of that window, but since I won't be home from the gym until 11:15 I begged him to scootch me to 11:15.

  Thankfully he agreed!  


Since missing Friday's gym session I really didn't want to shorten today's.


Time to get ready for the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment