Tuesday, April 26, 2022

 This morning I walked Brownie while it was still cool. Originally the prediction was to reach triple digits today (for the first time this year), though as of yesterday the forecast had been changed to 'only' 99 (and that did end up being today's high.)  We took a different route around the neighborhood, and he took his time sniffing and peeing.  I listened to the end of my book, finishing up when we'd returned home as I was literally walking through the gate to the back yard.  



Before it got too hot I trimmed several bushes behind the hot tub, and also did some gouging of the 'cracks' in the driveway where yesterday's application of vinegar had already worked.  Since Pokey was out and about I fed her some watermelon, and refreshed her phone number.


After a shower I headed to the gym, first stopping at Walmart to pick up my new statin Rx.  I was not happy to read that one of the possible side-effects can affect sleep, but will hope for the best!  Did think to grab a gallon of vinegar while I was there, so weeds beware! 



At the gym I warmed up on the elliptical, but when the time for my session came and went, without Devon showing up, it dawned on me that he'd changed today's time from the usual 10:30 to 11:30. 



 So I headed home and did a few things around the house 

before heading back to the gym.


In the afternoon worked more on the Jellyroll Sizzle quilt, 

and it's shaping up nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment