Monday, April 25, 2022

 Sunday morning was  productive morning.  I started by loading pix from Wednesday's Busy Bee meeting, and then working on the blurb for the AQG Chatter.  At least I've got plenty of time to tweak it, before the next deadline of May 15.


Mary, my gardening guru, arrived mid-morning and helped me repot as many plants as we could until we ran out of soil.  (I only had two bags.)  The lucky plants that got new (and roomier) spaces should be very happy, and (if I remember to pick up more bags of soil) the rest could get an upgrade soon.  


I'm curious to see how the philodendron experiment turns out, and hoping that the firestick plant is happy in its new home out front.


During the afternoon I got back to work on my Jellyroll Sizzle, which had been sitting for a while.

Tom and Alex and I dined at Carrabba's last night.  It was delicious (as usual) and I ate way too much (as usual) but at least it was (reasonably) healthy stuff: salad, broccoli, and salmon.  Unfortunately I negated much of that good work by pigging out on the bread with the olive oil and herbs beforehand while waiting for our dinners to arrive - but on the other hand I did pass on their decadent chocolate dessert afterward.

At home the three of us played some Rummikub, and I was the lucky winner of both games.



This morning I woke 5 minutes before my alarm went off at 6:00, and was ready to leave for the airport when Alex arrived 10 minutes before our planned 6:30 rendezvous.  Brownie came along for the ride, happy to be going anywhere.  Traffic wasn't too bad in either direction, which was nice.


When the MailBox place opened at 9:00 I got Mel's and Sandy's packages into the system, and on the way home dropped off water jugs for Dave and the latest Chewy box for Joy.  There is nothing 'official' on today's agenda, so I'm hoping to get more sewing and yardwork done.  

No comments:

Post a Comment