Sunday, May 3, 2015

We had a relaxed morning getting ready to leave, and I even got to see one of the adorable baby bunnies from underneath the porch when it made an appearance. Pippa, of course, was quite interested, although surprisingly she did not bark at it from her side of the glass. In fact I have only heard her bark once (we could not figure out what she barked at) and it was also the first time Mom had heard her bark.  Very well-behaved puppy!

For brunch we drove into Ocean City to eat at The Pink Place (aka The Bayside Skillet.) This time of year, before the true season starts, we did not even have to wait for a table, and the food was scrumptious, as usual.  I had a strawberry blintz omelette, which is as good as it sounds.  And since the portions are huge I got to bring some home for breakfast tomorrow!  Before leaving OC we crossed the street to visit the beach.  I do have pix to prove it, but that will have to wait until I am back in Arizona.

Driving home there was another accident (involving two vehicles, which had obviously just happened as no emergency vehicles had arrived yet) blocking the left lane.  Traffic did have to slow to get around it (we used the shoulder) but it was nothing like our experience on Friday!

We're all unpacked from our weekend, and I'm sitting by the bird feeder hoping that another one of the spectacular goldfinches will return to it now that I have my camera at the ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment