Tuesday, May 19, 2015

It was an early morning today; I woke up five-ish.  But the good news is that I stayed in bed, and sometime after 6:00 drifted back off to sleep.  So when Frannie came in to say good morning and let me know it was time for her walk I was still in bed.  At least I made myself productive while they were gone, folding laundry.  I was sorry, however, to miss seeing the hummer nest Marilyn spotted in one of the sycamore trees. 

This morning I did, however get a picture of the Tom turkeys in/by the profusion of wildflowers outside the kitchen window by the driveway.  (I'd missed the perfect photo op yesterday when my camera wasn't handy, and by the time I raced into the bedroom and grabbed it they'd already moved on.) 

Scrumptious omelette for brunch (at my suggestion cilantro got added to the plethora of ingredients), with specialty English muffins and cantaloupe.  It WILL be hard to return to my own cooking...

We wasted some time today when I found a fun gift item appear on my Facebook feed (thank you, Bekkah.) Of course I encountered numerous problems trying to order it - but then so did Marilyn, who's a pro at on-line shopping.  She was bound and determined to make it work, despite the fact that it was really only an impulse purchase of an inexpensive item, AND she has plenty of other stuff to do.  I did eventually convince her it wasn't worth the time and aggravation.

On our walk this afternoon I spotted a deer right by the house, and I found yet more flowers that begged to their pictures taken - and even got some good ones of butterflies, which are beyond abundant here.  And why not? If was a butterfly this would be a heavenly place to hang out.  Once back in the yard we noticed a walking stick in the Turk's Cap plant.  It was shy and kept trying to hide under the leaves, obviously less than thrilled about having its picture taken. So after snapping a few I left it alone.

I heard from both kids today, which is always nice.  Alex called (from Rochester, NY) to give me an update on his latest plans, basically continuing on the road for the rest of the year, and Lisa texted "Being a grownup is pretty great except for having to go to the DMV", which we can all relate to...

This evening I did not go to dog class with Marilyn and Frannie, but do plan to go with them to the class tomorrow afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment