Sunday, May 17, 2015

I missed the morning walk because I slept in; when Frannie came to wake me up (hey, it's time for a walk, get outta bed already!) I was sleeping hard and in the middle of a long, involved dream. So I decided to have my coffee and let them take that walk without me. 

Later I scored 2 brand new pairs (one white, one pink) of better-than-flip-flops.  Marilyn, who has some foot issues, had ordered them because everyone raved about them... except that they didn't work for her feet.  However I really like them, and certainly understand all the rave reviews.  This afternoon I won yet a third pair on e-bay, Earth Exer-Fit sandals (excellent "flip flops" with support, like walking shoes) that Marilyn raves about - and should also make my chiropractor happy.

We made a trip to the grocery store (does seem like we've been eating constantly, so it was no real surprise.) Shortly after leaving the ranch on the way out we passed some black buck antelope in a neighbor's "yard". Of course I didn't have my camera out, but hoped to get a picture of them on our way home when they'd be on my side of the truck - and Marilyn said she'd gladly stop for me. But (naturally) they were elsewhere on the property by then.  At least I'll know to watch out for them now each time we drive by.

Normally I'm not big on trips to the grocery store, but this one turned out better than my usual trip. I stopped to admire a baby (1-month-old Delaney), and noticed Mom Megan's tattoo on her foot ... of Delaney's footprint! (Yes, I took a picture.) Then Grandma Janice recognized Marilyn... small world.  And when I was able to find Tahini sauce for Marilyn (she's been unable to locate it despite numerous attempts) she called me a hero. (Hey, I'll take my brownie points whenever/wherever I can get them.) And finally, in the check out line, I struck up a conversation with a little girl behind us, Shelby, who had a pretty braid that she and mom called an upside down braid; turns out it's called a Dutch braid, and is just an inverted French braid - so I should be able to do it.

When we got home I took Frannie outside, and we found a small injured red-striped ribbon snake in the driveway; from its injuries we think a bird attacked it.  Though badly hurt it was still alive, so we moved it into the shade under a bush just in case it has a chance at surviving.

Helped Marilyn do the floors today (I like helping, plus it makes me uncomfortable to sit around being a slug and watch her do everything) and was rewarded with yet another yummy dinner, which included grilled chicken and corn-on-cob.  I was really stuffed afterward, but managed <g> to get down a couple of Dove chocolates afterward.  My 'fortune' was the same inside both (feed your sense of anticipation) so I felt free to pin her down on our field trip to the quilting store - it's tomorrow!

On our evening walk we made the full loop to the creek and back, which Marilyn guesstimates is 1.5-2 miles. Meanwhile I kept snapping pix of the scenery, especially the Mexican Hat coneflowers (which I find so dramatic.) Down by the creek we stopped to pay our respects to Spot, Toby, and Trudy (Dalmatians all) buried under a large Live Oak.  On the way back up it was slippery where the creek crosses the road (definitely glad Marilyn warned me!), and we got a laugh there when Frannie missed catching a small fish that swam by.




No comments:

Post a Comment