Sunday, May 10, 2015

On my way over to pick up Mom this morning I topped off her gas tank (I'd put over 100 miles on it since we filled it up) so with a little luck she may not have to get gas again for a month.  While at her place I fixed three of the pictures that have been problems, and hopefully today's fix will hold. For the time being, at least, they look MUCH improved!

Ed had already arrived by the time we got to Mink Hollow, and the six of us had a lovely Mother's Day feast; it included bagels/lox/cream cheese, strawberries & blueberries, and chocolate.  I gave Mom the dozen yellow 'roses' Cheri helped me make (from a dozen different yellow fabrics) so now Mom knows what I needed one of her vases for the other day.  And these roses will never wilt.

Our afternoon was spent out on the deck, relaxing and enjoying the beautiful view of the woods.  We saw lots of colorful birds (I especially enjoyed all the bright yellow finches and red cardinals) and I took lots of pix of Pippa and Frannie playing.  Pretty sure I got some really, really cute ones, which I might <g> post once I get home.

Alex called this afternoon to wish me Happy Mother's Day.  It snowed on them yesterday in Colorado (a lot!) and today in Kansas it was raining hard.  He couldn't talk long because he had to get stuff set up, and while we were on the phone I heard two different sets of beeps.  I figured it was his phone (mine was fully charged) but wouldn't you know that that few minutes was the time Lisa chose to call to wish me a Happy Mother's Day.  One beep was her calling, and the other was a message alert. I called her right back and we chatted for a while. 

Tom called later, just as we were clearing the table from dinner (take out Chinese.) Apparently the weather has been delightfully pleasant back home (not usually the case in May!) and it got so cool last night that he actually put a blanket back on the bed.  Maybe the hot weather is waiting until I get back?  Both Marilyn and I think it's been humid here, although Mom just rolls her eyes when we say that.  I know it can (and does) get a lot more humid here - but even this "low" humidity is quite noticeable to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment