Sunday, May 24, 2015

So far it's been a very productive morning, thus I'm feeling entitled to take a break.  Just shared the first peach of our season with Tom.... DELICIOUS!


In fact it was so yummy that I may just go slice up another one... 
to eat all by myself!


The dishwasher is going and Tom's laundry is in the dryer.  None of mine, however, because I haven't even unpacked my bags yet.  Instead, I've been working outside; now that I'm back the temperature is going to climb steadily over the next few days so it behooves me to get as much done while it's still relatively cool.  I did some trimming around the front porch (lantana, Wandering Jew, the 'whatever' bush I planted outside Lisa's window, etc.) because everything really needed some attention.  Here are a couple of front porch BEFORE pix.



The red part of my cactus by the front door (it's not a flower, but I don't know what to call it) seems to have practically doubled in size since I left.


Then I filled the pool, and swept and hosed off the back patio and deck.  Tom did some serious weed-eating out there yesterday (he's still hard at it elsewhere on the property today) and we'd like to keep all that debris out of the pool.  I collected some of next year's crop of grapefruit from the ground (babies half the size of a ping pong ball) that obviously blew down during one of the storms while I was away; they're quite hard at this stage, and we certainly don't want them to make the lawnmower unhappy.  Also scrubbed out Pokey's crate, which really needed it (again!)  No surprise she moved back in while I was gone - Tom said there were evenings he was under the afghan, bundled up in sweats!  I set the irrigation gates, pulled dead branches from the hedge behind the cottage (quarterly bulk trash can go out to the street now) and otherwise puttered out there also.


I got a good night's sleep last night - in fact I fell asleep and missed the last half of The Adventures of Baron Munchausen.


So at least there's a chance I could get a lot more accomplished today.  
Who knows?  


At least there's no rush on the mail since bills can't go out until Tuesday.




No comments:

Post a Comment