Thursday, May 14, 2015

Today was the final leg of our long drive.  I knew we wouldn't be making stops along the way, but after today's gas stop (when Marilyn took advantage of a nearby large grassy field to walk Frannie) I popped into the adjoining antique store.  It turned out to be a huge consignment-type business, and I admired  some lovely old quilts in a few of the booths.  With only an allotted 5 minutes, I actually found and purchased a wonderful tin for $7.  It's different from any I've ever seen, and will be perfect for something quilt-related.  Marilyn agreed.

Frannie was thrilled to finally be home - and we were pretty happy, too!  As tired as Marilyn is from all that driving, for dinner she made a large cauldron of delicious chicken soup (from scratch) and a yummy salad. (She's already trying to decide what to make for dinner tomorrow, but as I told her, I'd be happy to do a rerun of tonight's meal; I could live on soup and salad!) For dessert we dived into some decadent chocolate-covered strawberries, a Mother's Day gift from Jeff that was waiting patiently for her return.

Their property is blanketed with spectacular wildflowers, and as I commented on which ones I especially admire it turns out I'd liked the same ones (the vibrant purple mealy sage, and the red & yellow Indian blanket) when I was here last.  At least I'm consistent!

No comments:

Post a Comment