Friday, May 29, 2015

It was another successful visit to the chiropractor (he took me early - again - so today I was actually out of there before my scheduled appointment time) and my neck continues to improve.  Of course the best news will come when I no longer feel the need to give updates on my neck! 


This morning I also picked up another book at the library,
The Life List, by Lori Spielman.


 The inspiration for my novel was found in an old cedar box. Tucked alongside my first bankbook and my grandmother's rosary, I discovered a yellowed piece of notebook paper folded into a tidy little square. In my flowery, 14-year-old cursive, I'd written Lori's List across the top, along with 27 goals I thought would make for a good life. I also included a sidebar called, Ways To Be, which included such pearls as, Don't be stuck-up. Don't talk about ANYONE.  I was pleased to see that many of my adolescent dreams had indeed been realized. But others I'd let others slip away, perhaps feeling incapable or unworthy of accomplishing them. I wondered, what happens between adolescence and adulthood that robs us of our chutzpah? Where was that fearless girl, who believed anything was possible? That's when the story of The Life List began to take shape.


 Before today's Irrigation (which went off without a hitch) I picked the rest of the peach crop, virtually doubling the number we now have available to eat.  And they are so sweet and juicy!  Then I took my car over to the car wash; it definitely needed a good scrubbing since I've been parking in the driveway (that makes it much easier to get in and out of my car since Alex's car is currently being stored in the garage) under the nice shade of those two large Chinese elms... where the birds keep pooping on it.  After the wash I vacuumed the interior, and also used car wipes to clean the upholstery and interior.  Feeling ready for tomorrow's trip to Prescott (with Yolanda and Colleen) for a quilt show.

A Gathering of Quilts
Thumb Butte Quilters' Guild of Prescott Arizona
Frontier Village
1841 E. State Hwy 69, Prescott Arizona 86301
www.tbqguild.com



No comments:

Post a Comment