Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Pippa went off to vet this morning to be spayed, and I went over to see Mom and help her celebrate today's birthday.

It was a warm morning, so I thought I'd turn on the A/C in the car on my drive over. When it seemed that I couldn't turn the fan up I decided to open the back window instead. Which worked fine - at least going down... but it would not go back up.  So after lunch, when Mom went to her class, I took it over to her car place to see if the guy could at least get the window back up.  Which, in a fashion, he did.  (And it was a good thing, because while we were at dinner it flat poured.)

We played more Rummikub, and then met Dave and Lucille for dinner.  Mom did not want the official Riderwood celebration (where the staff comes over and sings Happy Birthday) but Lucille had brought a candle (and matches) which I stuck in Mom's eclair and the three of us sang to her.

When I got back to Andy & Sandy's I went to say hi to Pippa, and she got up to greet me.  Apparently she did not get up to say hi to Sandy when she got back from baby-sitting Charlie and Harry.  Of course Pippa is not supposed to do stairs for a while, so the gate is closed at the top of the stairs.  She followed me to the gate, and sat there with such a sad face when I didn't allow her to come down here with me.  I certainly have made quite an impression on her!

No comments:

Post a Comment