Wednesday, May 27, 2015

I've been wake since 4:00 this morning, and read in bed for a while.  Then I figured I'd better get stuff done since I'm  likely to fade early today.  So after I unpacked a little more (maybe I'll be all unpacked before I have to pack again on Sunday?) and started a load of laundry I figured it would be a good time to post some more trip pix.  The hard part is deciding which ones to include, because I have (way more than) 'a few' from which to choose....

Frannie arrived in Maryland just in time to celebrate Mother's Day.  And FYI that's not a diaper she's wearing when she's inside the house (because she's in season) but instead are called Bitch Britches.  


Here are the dozen yellow roses I made for Mom.  
(Thank you for all your help, Cheri!)


Frannie helped Marilyn, Andy, and me wish Mom a Happy Mother's Day.

So of course Pippa had to help, too.


The pups got along famously, and spent most of their time playing together.  Will post a bunch of pictures tomorrow, once I decide which ones to include.  So many great ones!



Then it was off to quilting, where we had a smaller than usual crowd (ladies already off escaping the heat of summer?) We blasted through the meeting in record time, and got to the fun stuff, Show & Tell.



Sandy made rectangular yo-yo blocks (something I'd never seen before) 
for this puffy quilt.



When Jan was unfolding her quilt, this is side I saw first... which I liked.  
But that turned out to be the back!


Here's the actual quilt - which is even prettier!



Nancy scored the fabric and pattern for this at a yard sale - for only $10!  
Then she whipped it up in a day.


I think <g> this top took her a little longer.
Great use of Log Cabin blocks.



After the meeting ended I headed over to 35th Ave., first making a small detour to see what sort of renovations are going on at Carol's old house.  (The buyers bought it to flip it.)  


The workers have been busy tearing things out...



and today were working on the new flooring.



After making my purchases at 35th Ave. (only needed one thing, but managed to find additional fabrics to buy) I popped over to visit Carol in her new Assisted Living apartment.  It's very nice, and she likes it, which is the important thing!


I brought her the lighted magnifier I picked up yesterday.  She's happy with the magnification level and handle angle, though says a brighter light would be ideal.  Unfortunately that was not an option on any of them.



Before heading home I swung by Walgreens (there were a number of messages from them on the machine when I got home) and as expected all of my Rx had been returned to the shelves.  I'm going to have to actually call in re-orders, because they took me off of automatic refills when I didn't come in to pick up my meds.



I'm slowing down for the day, so think I'll just kick back in my recliner and read for the rest of the afternoon.  I'm definitely enjoying At The Water's Edge

No comments:

Post a Comment