Saturday, May 9, 2015

Because Pippa has been sleeping downstairs with me, Sandy took advantage of that yesterday to give herself a pedicure without the benefit <g> of Pippa's 'help'. I like the pretty color nail polish she chose.

Now, after 13 years, I've finally been to shop the Treasure Chest at Riderwood.  It was a pretty walk over yesterday morning; the landscaping on the grounds is beautiful, and I'd never gone in that particular direction.  The Treasure Chest does have quite an eclectic collection of very nice things, and (as Mom mentioned) you never know what you'll find.  Everything is donated, either by residents who who are downsizing, or as "leftovers" by family emptying out apartments after a death.  The prices are beyond reasonable, and I made several small purchases (hoping I can make room in my suitcase.) Unfortunately there were no tables that fit Mom's parameters, so today we plan to go to the store in Columbia where she saw the table she liked.

My Uncle Allen (Dad's brother) came over yesterday and we lunched at the Pub.  There was a special luncheon going on there and all the regular tables were filled.  Luckily they had opened up an adjoining event room, and we dined at a large round table that seated 8 so we had additional company for lunch.  Allen, at 93, is going strong.  Of course he reminds me of Dad, and it was wonderful to see him.

Mom and I spent the rest of the afternoon watching a Netflix (Heartland) and playing Rummikub, then met Sue for dinner.  She's Mom's Wednesday night bridge partner, and quite delightful.  Now I can put faces to all of Mom's newest friends.

Back at Mink Hollow I found Pippa's collar on the floor; she had chewed through it! She's now wearing an old one of Stewie's (with his name on it) until they can get her another one of her own.  Around 9:00 we started watching Interstellar, and got a lot further in it than I expected before they stopped it and trundled off to bed.

A few weeks ago I stopped taking the baby aspirin (it was suggested by my new doctor last year as a preventative measure) because of the bleeds under my skin, mostly on the back of my hand. They seemed to have finally cleared up, but yesterday I noticed another one there. Maybe it's just a final hurrah?

No word from Marilyn, but assume she'll arrive some time this afternoon. Hope I'm back from Mom's when that happens; would love to see the 'cousins' together when they first meet!




No comments:

Post a Comment