Friday, May 15, 2015

Love seeing all the wildflowers and wildlife on the ranch; butterflies are everywhere because of all the flowers.  This morning we went into town to get the oil changed in Marilyn's truck, and on the drive  down to the gate we saw two yearling deer down by the creek. On the drive back up the hill to the house we also spotted two (same ones? different ones?) When we got home there were a couple of wild turkeys on the low wall by the house, and later, on a walk, Frannie flushed several more from the brush.  On that walk she also found a real prize, a piece of pigskin from one of the feral hogs.  I'm taking lots of pictures, and some of them are bound to turn out.

Marilyn has been nagging me for years to listen to audio books from the library, and today she got me set up on my iPad to do that.  If I actually get the hang of it and start using that part of my library service it'll cut down on the number she can get via my account.  Serves her right for twisting my arm?<g>

Dinner was turkey, mashers, green beans - almost like Thanksgiving!  I know Marilyn has LOTS to do after being gone so long (and with more company arriving as soon as I leave!) and I keep telling her not to bother so much in the kitchen... but so far she's ignoring me.




No comments:

Post a Comment