Sunday, March 15, 2015

Yesterday afternoon I made a quick trip over to The Other Quilt Store.  Sheri had posted a pic on Facebook of a new arrival, a colorful fabric that looked perfect for the backing on Tommy's quilt.  (I brought the top with me to 'check', and am happy to report that it got the proper amount of approval from the ladies there.)  Since it was Black Bag Day I got a little something extra with my purchase, a needle inserter.  Sherie's brief demo sure made it look like a helpful tool for whenever it comes time to change needles in my machine.  The colors in my picture are actually a bit washed out, but you get the idea!



Then I whipped up another jug of OJ, and we still have enough oranges in an over-sized bowl on the counter to squeeze one more jug (plus there are still quite a few left hanging on the tree.) After we finish the OJ I'll switch over to juicing the grapefruits, of which there are still plenty left (although we are eating them morning, noon, and night, Marilyn!)  I did convince Estera to take home another four full of bags of grapefruit when she came by, but of course that barely made a dent in the ones we kept after the trimming Thursday.  



The framing for the office/workshop they are building in their backyard has sure gone up fast - and it looks like it's going to be HUGE.

After a late dinner we started watching The Grand Budapest Hotel - although I got sleepy right on schedule, about 9:30.  Around 10:00 I decided it would probably <g> be wiser to sleep in bed than doze on the couch, so I missed the rest of the movie.  Maybe I'll watch it during the day today.  




No comments:

Post a Comment