Friday, March 20, 2015

This morning I finished quilting Tommy's Wishes for a Bright Future quilt. The plan is to make and attach the binding tomorrow. So I'm getting close -  but I don't plan to give it to Tommy until I take it to Busy Bees on Wednesday for show & tell.


Marcela called this morning and we chatted for about an hour.  She had her eye surgery yesterday (they had to postpone that for at least 3 months after her stroke in November) and needs to keep her eyes closed for a few days.  So catching up on all the news with a friend on the phone was an excellent idea!



Later it was off for lunch with Rene; we had to choose a new place to rendezvous (today that was The Cheesecake Factory) since "our" restaurant, the crepe place, has recently closed.   On the drive over I checked my MPG stats; since I only had about 80 miles on this tank of gas I thought I'd see a dramatic effect from idling at the airport for an hour yesterday morning.  So I was surprised that my MPG was actually a little higher than the usual!.  Guess idling for an hour uses very little gas?  I always thought idling was a real fuel waster...


It was a nice lunch; I ordered the Renee Special (big bowl of clam chowder, large salad with vinagrette dressing, and a chicken salad sandwich) and heard all about her recent travels, and those coming up. We also ended up chatting with the ladies at the table next to us, Jody (celebrating her 50th birthday) and her mom.  (There were a lot of folks there today celebrating birthdays; we heard the wait staff singing at least half a dozen times.)



As long as I was in the neighborhood I stopped in at JoAnn's afterward to see if there was anything I 'needed' (had a 60% off coupon only good today and tomorrow.) I wanted another pair of curved point scissors, but that hook was empty, so I came home with a bobbin case.  Then it was a quick stop at the bank (since I had used up all my cash between lunch and JoAnn's) before heading home.  I had thought about working on the binding, but was tired (too many early mornings!) and decided to just relax... and actually took a quick little nap before dinner! 








No comments:

Post a Comment