Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Dad was fond of saying that your kids will give you gray hair.  
I know exactly what he meant!  


Case in point
Because I needed to be at school for Dr. Seuss Night before 6:00 tonight we were eating at 5:00.  Alex (and Ahmed) were invited to join us for Tom's fried chicken, and at 4:45 Alex showed up asking for his passport; he needs it for his trip to Cabo for Spring Break, leaving Saturday.  (Since I'm leaving for LHC tomorrow and will be gone all weekend I needed to get it for him tonight.)  Imagine my dismay when I discovered that Alex's wasn't in the box where I keep our passports! 


Of course I combed through the box (at least!) 3 times, but it just wasn't there.  We used the passports when we went to Cabo for Jeff & Priscilla's wedding, but Alex was positive he hadn't been to Rocky Point since then.  So it was a rather stressful dinner for me trying to figure out where else I might have put it.  


After dinner I had a few minutes before I needed to blast off to school, and in another spot did find a copy of his "title" page.  At least we now had a number, so maybe he could order an expedited replacement?  I walked the copy over to the back house, and just that moment he had located his passport.  Not sure why he had it and I didn't.  But the bottom line was that at least I didn't misplace or lose it!


Dr. Seuss Night was not very well attended, but it was still fun.  I read And To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street to a couple of different audiences, and then the Happy Birthday book.  Tonight one of the teachers said when she wrote a research paper on Theodore Geisel she learned that he grew up on Mulberry Street, but his biography on the internet (I looked when I got home) says that he grew up on Howard Street in Springfield, MA, and that Springfield was the inspiration for many of the ideas in And To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street.)



Kathi was dressed tonight as The Cat in The Hat, and many folks took pix of us (I wore my Word Wizard get-up.)  Once I get a picture I'm 'likely' <g> to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment