Monday, March 16, 2015

I woke up way too early this morning, probably around 4:00.  By the time I decided to check my watch it was 4:30, and by 5:00 it was obvious I was not going back to sleep so I gave up the fight and got up.  IF it had been light out I could understand, but here it is 5:30 and it's still dark.



Last night we watched one of the movies Tom had selected at the library on Friday: Four Feathers.  It was not a western as I had guessed (given the title... and the picture of men on horseback) but did take place in the 1800s.  


From 1939 (which was an incredible year for movies: Gone With the Wind, The Wizard of Oz, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, Stagecoach, etc.) it seemed a little dated to me.

First on my agenda today is to mail off the wedding quilt to Jeff and Priscilla now that they've returned from Spring Break at DisneyWorld with Lilly.  Too bad the post office doesn't open this early...


After that I need to pick up some batting for Tommy's quilt so I can pin everything at Busy Bees on Wednesday (need a larger table than mine here at the house) and then get started quilting it.  Too bad JoAnn's doesn't open this early.


I have a couple of other errands to run, also.  
Too bad those places don't open this early, either!



Yesterday I started playing with the hot springs raffle quilt.  As it turned out I did have one last piece of muslin, and it was large enough (though now I am out) so I used Wanda's light box to trace the pattern.  Then I rifled through my blues in the scrap tub for possible sky, distant mountain, and water.  


Wanda also mentioned yesterday (when I showed her the project) that I was more than welcome to paw through her "perfect for landscape" scraps if I want. See, Lynn - just more 'proof' that what goes around comes around! <g>



No comments:

Post a Comment