Friday, March 13, 2015

Watching the birds this morning from the hot tub, I noticed one around the lemon and pine trees with twigs in its mouth. Naturally I kept an eye on that bird, trying to see where it was building the nest.  When it seemed confused and unable to locate the spot, I was afraid the nest under construction had been in one of the limbs that was taken from the lemon tree yesterday; of course I felt badly about that.  Until, that is, I noticed what looked to be the framework of a nest on the ground. 



Although it's difficult to tell from the picture, the pines needles seem to be woven together with a depression in the center.  I'm guessing this nest-in-progress blew down in yesterday's wind.  That makes it Mother Nature's fault.... not mine! 


No comments:

Post a Comment