Monday, March 23, 2015

It's been a productive day, although I haven't yet started on the new quilt.  I did, however, at least get the label sewn onto Tommy's quilt.  


Tomorrow I'll take it with me for a Show & Tell when I take the quilting ladies to visit Betty.  (It's taken an Act of Congress to finally speak to her today to let her know about that.) Wednesday I'll take it to Busy Bees, and then I can gift it to Tommy.  Hope to post a pic soon of him enjoying his new quilt, but in the meantime I'll just repost the one from the day I met him last month.



Today I scrubbed out Pokey's crate (yet again), and will definitely not miss that chore once she moves back into her summer quarters (under a bush.)  Then once the trash was picked up I filled one of the cans right  back up again with raking/trimming in the jungle.  While I'm making headway in that department, there are still a fair number of can-loads left to go. But I'll just keep at it, a can (or two) a week, and maybe (!) one of these days sometime in April I'll be done with that chore.



We finally got the A/C on the west side of the house fixed today.  (The heater function went out this winter, but it wasn't that bad a winter (HERE!) so we just limped along and finished out the winter with just one unit. Turned out that it needed a very pricey (anyone surprised?) capacitor replaced.  I'm glad it's fixed, because with the temps already hitting in the 90s so can truly hot weather be far behind?


Lunch today was leftovers from dinner at Pita Jungle last night.  I ordered one of the specials, spicy mango shrimp/chicken over stir-fried ginger rice, and it was scrumptious.



Watched one of the movies I picked up at the library the other day, About Time.  While it won't win any Oscars it was quite enjoyable, and I do recommend it if you just want to relax and watch a fun movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment