Friday, March 28, 2014

Yesterday I finished Un-Remarried Widow, a memoir by Artis Henderson that I heard about on NPR.  She was a young bride when her husband was killed in Iraq in 2006, and is now an award-winning journalist.  The book is well-written and I think it conveys (as much as is possible unless you've been there) what she went through.  It was hard to put down.]

Tom had a new knapper from northern California over yesterday.  John and his family are in town visiting his in-laws way on the east side of the Valley, and he'd borrowed their car to come over.  The car barely made it here (died as he was getting off the 101) so we were a little worried when he left to head back last evening.  He'd barely made it a mile before it died again, so he limped back here and spent the night.  AAA came this morning and towed him.  

Our guest house sure does come in handy, Bana!  Of course I thought I had it all ready for Anita, who arrives in a few days,  but I should <g> be able to find time in my busy schedule to change the sheets.

Just not this weekend.  I'll be gone all day tomorrow at the quilt show with Patti and Mary, and all day Sunday rendezvous-ing with (a different) Patti at Piccacho Peak,

and (of course) Monday starts another week.


No comments:

Post a Comment