Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Not sure what I was expecting today, but the tour of the Phoenix Mission downtown was quite impressive.  For those who have hit rock bottom (whether due to drugs, or alcohol, or domestic violence) it's certainly a well-thought out plan for getting back on their feet (education programs, counseling, work training, etc.)  And our lunch, prepared by the residents, was very good.   I'm glad I signed up to go to see where some of our quilts end up.  And Carol and Sandy and Don were glad I volunteered to drive downtown.

While I was gone, Raphael and Salvador did a wonderful job on the main ditch, so it should be very happy during irrigation Thursday night.  We, however, will be less than thrilled since we have to do the gates on 35th Ave. at 11:12 pm, and then let our water go at 1:29 am.  (I say 'we', but it'll most likely be Tom doing both since I have to be at Patti's before 6:00 on Friday for the yard sale.)

Also while I was gone Cheri stopped by to return the stack table she borrowed, and also drop off the strawberry tops she's been freezing and saving for Pokey.  Those have now thawed in the fridge, and we'll see what Pokey thinks of them tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment