Thursday, March 6, 2014

At Busy Bees yesterday the ladies were working on foundation piecing, and I certainly have LOTS of strips that would work for that.  But just didn't feel like packing up and schlepping my machine, so I just sat and visited while everyone else was busy.  Afterwards I made a trip down to 35th because I had a coupon about the expire, looking for fabric for Marilyn and Sandy's b-day gifts.  And guess what?  I managed to find some!

By the time I got home I wasn't feeling well, and ended up napping part of the afternoon.  Not much appetite for dinner, and went to bed early.  This morning I got a call to sub in a math class at the high school, and turned it down.  So far I feel better than yesterday, but the idea of subbing just didn't sit well.

Tomorrow is my monthly stint as the Word Wizard, and may be my last one this year.  The first Friday in April I'll be in Sedona with Anita and Tami, and the first one in May I'll probably be in Texas with Marilyn and Mom.

I did manage to finish up the binding on the UGLY quilt yesterday (after first attaching the two ends with a twist... sure do get a lot of mileage out of my seam rippers!) so that's done. 

But since it needs to be a surprise for next Wednesday, you'll just have to wait to see it posted here in all its glory.  Just trust me... it's UGLY!

Today I should add something to my Word Wizard gown for the kids to look for tomorrow.  Forgot to mention that when I popped over to school on Tuesday I passed by the cafeteria where a class of 1st graders was waiting to enter.  "It's the Word Wizard, it's the Word Wizard!"


No comments:

Post a Comment