Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Yesterday afternoon I made a trip to JoAnn's for zippers, then headed over to Laura's (nearby) to return the sunglasses she left here Sunday and also deliver 4 bags of lemons.  (Yes, we still have plenty left on the tree.)

Of course Laura and I visited together for a couple of hours.  They are trying to save some of the trees in their backyard orchard; the landscapers who trimmed them apparently had fungus-contaminated tools!  By the time Laura and Toby realized what had happened and tried to contact the company it'd gone out of business; apparently the fungus had killed a lot of clients' trees.  VERY sad to lose a tree, but especially here in Arizona.

  I also got to see the beautiful quilt Laura's currently working on using Asian fabrics.  I forget the name of the pattern, but it's all curved seams (which I've never tried.)  The good news is that she said it's been an easy pattern, and she would definitely make another.  So I guess I will give curves a try 'one of these days' (but not until after I finish the wedding quilt, and a few other UFOs!!!)  

Even though Tom didn't say anything after dinner Sunday, I figured this was my week to do dinners <sigh> so I went to the store yesterday.  Turns out Tom has decided that he would rather cook than eat my cooking, so it looks like I'm off duty for good.  

I really did try that last time it was my week, but it was just one disaster after another.  However, I did manage to put a good dinner on the table last night: my (failsafe) grilled salmon, perfectly steamed green beans (his call, not mine), salad with lots of goodies mixed in, and a fruit plate that included fresh mango (always makes me think of Marilyn) and jicama.  

Found the picture of my apron, which pretty much says it all!

While I was at the grocery store yesterday Tom bought a camper shell for his truck for our travels this summer.  It's really nice; the SnugTop folks have engineered everything extremely well.  Of course there are cheaper shells out there, but I know we'll be much happier with the well-thought out construction and upgrades long after the sting of the price tag fades.

  Now Tom's working on figuring out a bed construction.  We went to Sportsman's yesterday to check out camping mattresses, but didn't find much that would work.


Last night we watched White House Down.  Neither of us can 'understand' how the bad guys with machine guns can 'miss' the hero time and time and time again.  Otherwise it was a somewhat entertaining movie.

 Patricia (AQG President) is going to be on Sonoran Living Live Show (channel 15) at 9:00 this morning doing a segment on the upcoming quilt show.  Linda's quilt (that I raved about in a post two weeks ago) is going to be one of the 3 quilts featured!  Patricia is also bringing a couple of her quilted chairs (which are incredible works of art) to present to the hosts.  Tune in and watch!

In garden news: I found a second tiny tomato on my plant (YES!) plus the hibiscus bush that I planted not too long ago (and which Pokey ate down to the nub before I could get the fence up) is valiantly saluting spring.  Of course Pokey could barrel right through that fence if she wanted to, but hopefully her eyesight is bad enough that she won't notice the red flower.

Today I really MUST sew!

No comments:

Post a Comment