Wednesday, March 12, 2014

What fun at Foothills today.  We had a dozen entries in the UGLY contest, and prize categories were Viewer's Choice (1st, 2nd, and 3rd places), Best Use of Ugly Fabric, and Least Use of Ugly Fabric.

Winner in the Best Use category was Carolyn MacAlpine.

Kim Diggins, who obviously never 'got the memo' about needing to use a recognizable piece of each fabric<g>, won the Least Use category.

(And just for the record, I voted for each of those quilts.)


However, when I vote for Viewer's Choice, I always pick a quilt I would like to hang in my house.  And so (obviously!) I did not vote for my own quilt.  But in an incredible turn of events, I took 1st place!  

When they called my quilt's number, I was so astonished that I just sat there, and they had to announce the number again.  Who'd have thunk?!?!  And here it is, in all its stunning glory:


Linda Puttmann brought in a STUNNING quilt (based on the book The Five Little Peppers and How They Grew) that she entered in a contest.

Linda drew up the various children.  Here are some close-ups.



No surprise that the quilt was a winner!


It became even more impressive when we learned that Linda didn't find out about the (year-long) contest until January.... and the quilt was due Feb 19!



We have another challenge, due in October, that has to do with books/reading, but Linda is going to do something different (!) for that challenge.  I've got an idea for mine, but haven't yet started.  Poor Jeff and Priscilla may never get their wedding quilt...

No comments:

Post a Comment