Tuesday, March 11, 2014

I missed last week's gym session (because I was busy visiting with Terry & Neil last Monday) so yesterday marked 2 weeks since I'd been in.  While I'm not as sore this morning as expected, my body definitely 'noticed' that I worked out.  My plan (there's always a plan...) is to get back into a more regular schedule, but things just don't seem to have slowed down around here.  Better than being bored, though.

There was a last-minute snafu with the Quindow quilts made by Foothills and Busy Bees.  The first flurry of e-mails indicated that they were MIA (although Sharon, of course, had turned them in a couple of weeks ago) and then once 'found' it seemed they didn't have sleeves on the back for hanging.  (I was pretty certain the Foothills quilt had a sleeve on it - and upon inspection it turned out that I was right.)  

Long story short: Patricia Benner (President of AQG, who lives/works in the east valley) sent me an SOS to see if I could take care of that.  Which I did.  She works at Ford in the east valley, and we'd been able to turn in the quilts at Bell Ford (just a couple of miles from here) so it was no problem to zip on over and pick up the quilt, bring it home, make/attach a sleeve, and return it to Ford so it could make its way via courier to the east valley.  OF COURSE it wasn't quite that easy (it took much longer to actually find the quilt once at Ford than it did to drive over/back) but before 2:00 p.m. the quilt was 'fixed' and back at Bell Ford.  

BUT Patricia had sent someone over to Bell Ford to pick up the quilt to deliver it to me, which I found out after I had the quilt in my possession.  Why she thought she needed to do that was beyond me since I'm SO close and it was no biggie to pop on over and pick it up, but when we finally got to talk (she was in a big meeting all morning) she said she wasn't used to such cooperation.
  

Which is probably why AQG is in dire straits these days....!

And thus no, I didn't get any work done on Marilyn's b-day gift (which needs to be in the mail soon in order to arrive in Texas by March 18) but thanks for asking!

Late this afternoon I'm going with Jeannie to dinner with some of the Night Owls ladies, and then to the meeting with them so I can enjoy the reveal of their House Challenge quilts.  It'll be fun - if I can just keep my eyes open.  

We went out for dinner last night (Dillon's BBQ) and Tom had some interesting suggestions for travel this summer to avoid much of our heat.  That part sounds good, and will see what ends up happening.

Went to bed at 9:00 last night, and also took something so I'd sleep in;  made it until almost 6:00 this morning, which is a lot better than yesterday!

I've gotten lots of hugs and smiles from family and friends with regard to Bev's passing.  Here's a  picture of her from the October fundraiser she organized, with her daughter Perri and husband John.

And as much as I am grieving, 
I know John and Perri's grief is multiplied much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment