Friday, March 7, 2014

During my stint as the Word Wizard this morning I had to skip a number of classrooms because a lot of testing was going on.  Of course the kids I did get to see were glad to see me, but then sad to hear that this was my last visit this school year.
One of the 2nd grade teachers, Mrs. Odem, took my picture with her class to submit to the yearbook; when I get copies I'll be sure to share!  (The deadline to submit photos is Monday, so we'll just get in under the wire.)

Today's is Vicki's (NOT 75th!) birthday, and the ladies had TPed her room in celebration.  What fun!  And this shot was on the video morning announcements.

My first year teaching my 4th-graders tried to guess how old I was.  They started much too high (I had just turned 22) and each guess got progressively higher until they were well past retirement age.  




Tom just came in to tell me that Mutt & Jeff (what he's named the peacock and guinea hen) were out back again and he was displaying for her.  Of course I grabbed the camera, but could only get shots of Mr. Peacock from behind.  Obviously I'll just have to keep trying.

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment