Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Wanda and I headed over to Mesa, where we rendezvous-ed with her friend Jo Ann.  After a quick 'breakfast' at the first Quindow stop (I had a chocolate chip cookie) we headed off to to hit the rest of the stores.  The quilts were imaginative, and always fit the theme of the business.  I'd share some pix, but I only had my phone with me and it's not letting me send any pix to the computer.

It isn't a SmartPhone - and it's sure acting like a StupidPhone!

There's also a picture of a painted block wall we saw that I really 'need'.  It's exactly what I would love to have painted on our wall along 37th Ave.!  Maybe the Verizon guys at the mall will be able to figure out what the problem is?

At the antique store I found Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel and The Story of Ping, both of which were childhood favorites, and Wildflowers of the Desert Southwest which has great pix and will be a wonderful reference on Sunday when I head to Picacho Peak.  Also found a wonderful shirt for Alex there that I hope he will appreciate!

At the jewelry store I bought a pair of earrings, ostensibly as a gift  - but I like them so much I might just keep them for myself.  Because can you have too many earrings? 

Patricia was driving by and saw us, and we made plans to meet for lunch at The Grill.  There was another group of Quindow ladies there already, and we ended up putting our tables together and dining as a group.

When the owner of The Grill signed our Quindow forms, I noticed her last name (Froelich) and was stunned at how much she looks like one of the Busy Bees with the same last name.  They could easily be sisters... even though the names belong to their husbands.  <cue Twilight Zone music> 
After lunch Wanda and I talked Patricia into giving us a tour of her nearby shop, Fiber and Fire.  

Very impressive, even with lots of stuff gone to the quilt show.  Wanda and I were amazed to find out how involved her business is as we sat around and chatted - until it got close to rush hour and we headed back to our side of the Valley.  Back at Wanda's I got to see her Grand Canyon quilt (still in progress, but still incredibly impressive!) and many of the jackets she's made.  We swapped stories until almost 7:00, when I realized I really should be getting home!

Tom was at the dentist this afternoon getting two crowns made.  Happily that was not as big a production as he had expected.  However his back has been bothering him so much the past 10 days (different from a pulled muscle) that he's made an appointment with the doctor.  He's pretty worried about what it could be, so of course now I'm worried.

I was all set to make dinner, but he had a craving for Pollo Loco, so we did that instead.  When we got home I checked my e-mail and found out that both Linda and Sharon were notified today that their quilts won ribbons!  

Both are beautiful quilts, and very deserving of the honors.  Mazel Tov, ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment