Thursday, March 20, 2014

I am banged up and scraped from working inside the oleander hedge yesterday afternoon after I decided to (finally) tackle the 'weed' that had grown up and was visible from the street.  So I grabbed the saw and barreled my way in.  Obviously I'd waited too long, because the weed had turned into a tree, and the trunk was at least 5 inches in diameter.  It took me a LONG time (didn't help that the saw is very dull) to get most of the way through the trunk before the saw got bound up.  
Tom to the rescue.  With me pushing on the trunk to un-bind it, he finished up in just a minute or so.  "Why didn't you come get me?  With the chain saw I could have done it in 2 minutes?"  Mostly <g> because I didn't want to see him roll his eyes and hear him gripe about how it was just fine the way it was!  

Now I just have to go drag it from where we pushed it over the fence.
(Notice how happy the bottlebrush tree is, about to burst into full glory.)

Then I worked at removing a bunch of odoriferous vines that have moved in and are trying to strangle the oleanders.  
The new vines are thin and green; the older ones are white and thick and look like double-twist rope.  The "leaves' are thick netting-like growth, but at least the globs pull free fairly easily.  (After fighting with the tree trunk it's all relative.)

After a yummy dinner of BBQ chicken and an interesting show on Machu Pichu I crashed early, and slept well.  At least until I had a nightmare and my scream woke me up this morning.  Alex was up on a roof, reaching up to do something with an antenna.  He leaned back too far, and all I could see was him doing a back flip as he hurtled off the roof and out of sight.

Of course I texted him "just to make sure" he was okay,
and am happy to report he's fine.
Though he was curious about why I was asking him if he took a fall.

This morning was the monthly get-together at Starbucks with some of the quilting ladies (got to see some pretty quilts) and once home I loaded up the truck with yard sale stuff.  Now I'm off to Patti's to get set up for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment